QuickBooks Error 6144 82: Definitions & Solutions
If you are the one who’s handling all the intricate tasks of a business on your own, that is accounting and bookkeeping. Because maintaining any business’s accounts is the most crucial as well as tough work to do. Nowadays, Intuit has developed and marketed the most amazing software Quickbooks for managing the accounting activities for small and mid-sized companies. That assists all of its users with all the arduous tasks within business related to managing business books. Through Quickbooks, a user can perform contactless bill payments, Tax calculation, inventory tracking as well as sets reminders for future payments.
But despite all the good deeds, Quickbooks has some flaws that reflect in Quickbooks as glitches and issues, known as QB Errors. Quickbooks error 6144 82 is one such error that emerges in Quickbooks while opening the Quickbooks Company File. In this post, we will discuss the same error in detail along with all the possible factors, important symptoms, and doable solutions to fix this. So without any further ado, let’s get started.
What is QuickBooks Error -6144 -82?
Quickbooks error 6144 82 is one such Q eror that interrupts the work when a user tries to open a Quickbooks company file which is used by another application. When the error occurs an error message flash on the screen that states “Quickbooks Error 6144 82 Quickbooks has encountered a problem and need to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
Why QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82 Occurs?
- An incomplete or damaged Quickbooks installation
- When Quickbooks Windows Registry gets corrupted
- If the QuickBooks-related files get deleted caused by some other program
- If the window system file or Quickbooks related program file is corrupted due to virus or malware
- When the internet security or firewall settings interrupts
How to Identify Errr 6144 82 QuickBooks
- An error message displayed on the screen.
- The Windows system gets slow
- Your computer system starts freezing concurrently
- The current working windows crashed
- Your system gets shut down to prevent further harm.
Solutions To Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82
These are the solution to fix the Quickbooks error 6144 82.
Method 1: Set User Permission
- First, open Quickbooks and move to the company tab
- Now, choose the User tab
- Click on the Set-up User and Roles
- In the next step, you have to type in the correct credentials to access the data.
- Now you’ll see a User list, from wherever you have to pick the Username
- Now, modify the role accordin to the necessity.
Method 2: Windows Written Account Repair
- Click on the start button
- Now type the Command within the search box and don’t hit the Enter key.
- And then press and hold the ctrl +Shift key along and now hit the Enter
- A new dialogue box prompted on the screen, click on the Yes.
- Now a Black Box will open with a blicking pointer thereon
- Besides the blinking pointer, you have got to put in writing Regedit and press the Enter Key.
- Now a Registry Editor will open up, here you have got to pick Error 6144 82 connected files.
- Now return to the File Menu and opt for the Export option
- In the Save within the list, you have got to decide on a folder to save lots of the QuickBooks backup key.
- Type a name for the backup file within the backup file Name box like Quickbooks Backup
- You have to make sure that the chosen Branch possibility is chosen within the Export range box.
- Now choose the .reg extension whereas saving the file
- The above steps produce a backup of your Quickbooks-related registry entry.
Method 3: Windows Error Repair Tool
- You have to download the Window Application tool
- Now launched and install the application on the system
- Now click on Scan Now to get fix the error 6144 82 Quickbooks.
- Or you will click on the Repair All option to fix all the problems.
Method 4: Rename .TLG and .ND files
- Go to the folder where all the company files are saved.
- Now right-click on the file with the extension .TLG and choose the Rename option to rewrite the name by adding .OLD at the end of the file name such Company file.TLG.OLD
- Repeat a similar renaming method with the .ND file
- Now open the Quickbooks database Server Manager by following the lead Start Button>> Program>>Quickbooks>> Quickbooks Database Server Manager
- Pick the folder where Quickbooks File get saved
- Now you only got to scan the folder and open the file.
Read to More: Fix QuickBooks Update Error 12007
Regarding all the above methods, hopefully it assists you to get rid of the Quickbooks error 6144 82. All the methods are defined with a step-by-step guide that eases the way of fiixng error fro the user. In case, if you think the tourbleshooting porcedure are a bit-time taking and you want an expert advice fom experts then you are suggested to contact Quickbooks Customer Support Experts.